TERMS and CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS for Training and Education Services
- These are the terms and conditions governing the provision of training services by Watt Works Consulting Ltd or its subcontractors with the exclusion of any other oral or written statement or agreement whatever its legal character
- ‘Client or Customer’ means a company or individual that completes a course booking form or enters into a contractual arrangement.
- ‘Delegate’ means the party or parties named as attendees on the course booking form.
- ‘Invoice’ means an invoice for the charges delivered by Watt Works Consulting Ltd to the customer.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all training carried out in the provision of services by Watt Works Consulting Ltd to the Customer in accordance with any order confirmation authorised by the Customer.
- No additions to, or modifications of, these Terms and Conditions shall have effect unless expressly agreed in writing by both parties and expressed to be amendments to these Terms and Conditions.
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations whatsoever concerning the provision of services unless confirmed by Watt Works Consulting Ltd in writing. The Customer acknowledges that it does not rely on, and waives any breach of, any such representations that are not so confirmed.
3. Acceptance of Order
- Bookings can be accepted at any time up to the course start date, subject to availability.
- An official confirmation must be received from the Customer in order to reserve a place. Prior to your confirmation, your place is only held provisionally.
- Confirmed bookings can be made by letter, fax or email (provisional bookings and course fee payments can be made by telephone or via our on-line service at http://www.watt-works.com/courses/). Bookings will only be confirmed on receipt of written authorisation plus 20% non-returnable deposit, or on receipt of full payment via our online booking service.
4. Substitutions, Rescheduling and Cancellations
- Delegate substitutions may be made prior to the start of the course without penalty, providing Watt Works Consulting Ltd is informed in writing. It is the Customer’s responsibility, having referred to relevant Watt Works Consulting Ltd course information, to ensure the course is suitable for the student’s requirements.
- Bookings rescheduled by the customer within one to seven days of the commencement date of the course will incur a 30% transfer fee.
- Bookings transferred by the customer more than seven days before the commencement date of the course will incur a 15% transfer fee, however the transfer must take place within 3 months of the commencement date of the original class.
- In the event that a customer cancels a booking for which a transfer has taken place, this will incur a minimum 50% cancellation fee (see below).
- In all circumstances Watt Works Consulting Ltd require written notification of any transfers.
- Cancellations by customers made more than thirty days before course commencement will not incur cancellation charges.
- Cancellations within zero to seven days of course commencement will incur a 100% cancellation fee, between eight and thirty days will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- In all circumstances Watt Works Consulting Ltd require written notification of any cancellations.
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd undertakes to provide the training course on the date specified except when external circumstances prevent this. In these circumstances Watt Works Consulting Ltd will endeavour to re run the course on a mutually agreeable basis.
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd reserves the right to cancel a course, though we make every effort to ensure this does not occur. In the event of a course being cancelled by Watt Works Consulting Ltd, alternative dates will be proposed or a full refund of monies paid will be made to the customer.
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd takes no responsibility for loss of profit and/or for any incidental, consequential special or indirect losses as a consequence of exceptional cancellations.
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd reserves the right to assign or sub contract its training courses to other appointed and approved personnel.
6. Pricing and Payment Terms
- All course fees are fixed and published by Watt Works Consulting Ltd, however Watt Works Consulting Ltd reserves the right to review and change prices.
- The course fee includes tuition, training materials, lunch, refreshments, manuals and computer time as appropriate to the course.
- A (non-returnable) deposit of 20% will be payable upon receipt of written authorisation from the client.
- Payment of the course fee, together with the VAT, should be received by Watt Works Consulting Ltd 30 days prior to the course start date or on booking, whichever is the later.
- No training services will be provided unless payment conditions have been satisfied.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT, which will be charged at the prevailing rate as notified by Customs and Excise.
- Payment can be made by Bank transfer, guaranteed cheque, paypal (by paypal account or credit/debit card), or by telephone (by credit/debit card). Credit card payments incur a 2% surcharge on the gross amount.
- The client agrees to pay for any loss or extra cost incurred by Watt Works Consulting Ltd through the client’s instructions or through failure in taking delivery on the part of the client, its servants or employees.
7. Course Content
- Our course listing is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer for a particular course or programme. Watt Works Consulting Ltd constantly strives to improve the content of its courses and therefore reserves the right to modify the specification of a course without notice to the Customer. A course title, duration, cost, content and location are liable to change at any time.
8. Delegate Suitability
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. All delegates should have read and understood the course outline and met the necessary prerequisites.
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd reserves the right to ask a delegate to leave the training event if the delegate does not meet the course prerequisites.
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd urges clients to support this policy, which is designed to protect the Customer’s investment.
- All delegates will be required to abide by any site rules and regulations operating at the course location.
9. Force Majeure
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd shall be entitled to delay or cancel delivery or to reduce the amount delivered if it is prevented from, hindered in or delayed in the provision of services through any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, acts of God, reduction in or unavailability of power, break down of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from normal sources of supply.
10. Limitation of Liability and Indemnities
- Except as may otherwise be expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and representations of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, whether by statute, common law or otherwise, are hereby excluded by Watt Works Consulting Ltd to the fullest extent permitted by law and Watt Works Consulting Ltd shall have no other obligation, duty or liability whatsoever in contract, tort, statute or otherwise to the Customer.
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd represents and warrants that the services provided will be performed in a professional and skilful manner consistent with the professional standards and the general customs and practices of the industry.
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd’ maximum aggregate liability for any and all losses, claims, demands, damages, costs and/or expenses of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any order confirmation and/or these Terms and Conditions (whether in contract, tort, by statute or otherwise) shall not, in total, exceed the amount actually paid by the Customer to Watt Works Consulting Ltd for the services which are the subject of the order confirmation in question.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Watt Works Consulting Ltd shall not be liable to the Customer (whether in contract, tort, by statute or otherwise) for loss of profits and/or for any incidental, consequential, special or indirect loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any order confirmation and/or these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to: (a) loss of use; (b) loss of goodwill; (c) loss and/or corruption of data; (d) loss of information; (e) loss of business; (f) loss of goods; (g) loss of anticipated savings; (h) loss of revenue; (i) downtime; (j) any damage relating to the procurement by the Customer of any substitute services.
- For the avoidance of doubt, neither the types of loss and/or damage specified in sub-clauses 10-4 (a) through (j) inclusive above nor any similar types of loss and/or damage shall constitute direct loss for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions and/or any order confirmation.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions and/or any order confirmation shall restrict and/or exclude in any way Watt Works Consulting Ltd’ liability for (a) death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of Watt Works Consulting Ltd, its officers and/or employees; and/or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation. The Customer is liable for any loss, damage or injury to Watt Works Consulting Ltd staff or their property which may arise whilst working at the Customer location and is due to negligence or breach of statutory duty by the Customer.
- Watt Works Consulting Ltd accepts no liability for the failure of any third party hardware, software and/or systems which may be the subject of any Watt Works Consulting Ltd services: this includes failure to meet its operating specification.
- No part of the training material may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without prior permission in writing of Watt Works Consulting Ltd or the copyright owner.
- All Intellectual Property Rights for any product or service remain the property of Watt Works Consulting Ltd unless otherwise stated or agreed.
The information contained in all Watt Works Consulting coursework & literature is distributed on an “As Is” basis, without warranty. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of the training courses and associated literature, neither the author nor Watt Works Consulting Ltd shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained in the coursework or by any computer software and hardware products described in it.
Watt Works Consulting Ltd, Booths Hall, Chelford Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 8GS.
© 2010 Watt Works Consulting Ltd. All rights reserved.
How to Book
You may book online immediately here to secure your place, or call us on 01565 759893.