Stress Management Skills
Dates: 14th May 2013
Delivery: Open Course for individuals or in-house option available for organisations
Location: Booths Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire
Price: £310.00 (exc. VAT)
BOOK ONLINE TODAY
Stress Management Courses
Are you an individual keen to deal more effectively with the pressures of everyday life, or perhaps a team-leader who wants to understand how your management style affects your team’s stress levels? Are you a business owner or HR Manager who wants to ‘stress proof’ your organisation? Well with Watt Works’ 2 day Stress Management courses, you can!
Do you Need Stress Management Courses?
In 2009, NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) reported that the cost of impaired workplace performance as a result of stress was £15.1 billion a year. This figure does not include the cost of absenteeism as more than 13 million working days are lost per year as a result of work-related stress, anxiety and depression.
Our stress management courses can help to:
- Identify controllable and uncontrollable sources of stress within their work and private life
- Understand the physiological and cognitive mechanisms underlying stress responses
- Identify and evaluate their current responses to stress and ways of coping with stress
- Recognise how different managerial styles have a direct influence on employee’s stress levels
- Be more astute in detecting chronic stress and ‘burnout’ in themselves and others and know how to address it
- Appreciate the importance of a healthy work/life balance
- Develop a toolbox of techniques which will enable them to manage stress in a more healthy and effective way
- Identify and manage organizational stressors more effectively
This 2-day Stress Management Skills Training course will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the cognitive and physiological mechanisms underlying stress and help you identify sources of stress and your stress triggers. Most importantly you will leave this course with a healthy toolbox of strategies for coping with or managing your response to stress. The techniques provided are transferable life skills in that they are equally applicable to personal stressors as well as stress in the workplace.
Who Will Benefit from Watt Works’ Stress Management Courses?
Our Stress Management courses are ideal for Team Leaders, Supervisors, Consultants, Managers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Trainers, Teachers, Coaches, Sales Executives etc. In fact, this course is suitable for anyone who simply wants to improve their ability to deal with and manage stress.
Stress Management Courses Content
- What is stress?
- Definitions and explanations
- Approaches to understanding and analyzing stress
- Cognitive and physiological mechanisms
- Impact of stress
- Sources of stress
- Life stress audit
- Organisational stress audit
- Everyday hassles and uplifts audit
- Controllables and uncontrollables
- Stress triggers
- Self-assessment and identification of triggers and responses
- Changes responses to triggers
- Techniques to Manage Your State
- Coping with stress
- Assessment of current approaches to coping
- Problem-focused coping
- Emotion-focused coping
- Developing a healthy toolbox
How to Book our Stress Management Courses
Should you wish to organise our two day Stress Management Courses as a bespoke training course for your organisation, please contact us today for a tailored proposal and quotation or call us on 01565 759893.
The two-day course will provide you or your staff with practical skills and techniques to deal with stress. We’ll work with you to develop a range of healthy and effective coping strategies, as well as helping you to change your patterns of behaviour in response to stress. We’ll also help you to consider the ways in which you interact with others, and give you a number of tools for reducing the stress levels of those around you or those you manage. How much of a difference would that make to your life?
Watt Works are experts in stress management and are based in the North West and cover areas such as Cheshire, Manchester, North Wales, Liverpool and Lancashire, and are happy to deliver in-house training courses nationwide.
View our payment terms and conditions here.