Duration: 2 days
Delivery: Open Course for individuals or in-house option for organisations
Dates: 3rd – 4th September 2013
Location: Booths Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire
Price: £520.00 (exc. VAT)
BOOK ONLINE TODAY
Perhaps you were intrigued by our facilitation services in our Consulting pages and are wondering whether it’s possible to train some of your people how to do facilitation, or perhaps become a facilitator at practitioner level. Embedding facilitation skills into your organisation will make a world of difference to the results you and your team achieve.
Facilitation training can help you to:
- Increase productivity and energy levels in your team
- Significantly enhance the performance of your department or team
- Manage difficult personalities more effectively
- Resolve group conflict with better outcomes
- Apply a variety of practical strategies to effectively manage group dynamics.
- Make higher quality decisions, and have fun in the process
- Learn, refine and demonstrate active listening skills to improve communication
- Apply a wide variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage workshop participants
- Enhance creativity, generate and evaluate ideas and explore and assess potential solutions
- Gain commitment, obtain consensus and agreement from your team
- Design and deliver Joint Application Design/Development (JAD) workshops
- Courses are available at foundation level (2 days) or practitioner level (5 days).
Who will our Facilitation Skills Course help?
Trained and experienced independent facilitators can develop a wide range of skills and techniques within their repertoire such as group development and group dynamics, advanced communication skills, advanced listening skills, conflict resolution skills etc.
Facilitation training can be particularly powerful and effective in situations that are characterised by multi-direction communication, complex stakeholder environments and highly-charged politically sensitive or contentious discussions. Facilitation can be an equally effective and powerful way to define organisational visions, develop and validate strategy, get employee input, and a whole host of other applications.
This may be for you if you work as a Business Analyst, Project Manager, Team Leader, Change Manager, Change Agent or Senior Manager. Alternatively our Facilitation Skills course is also helpful if you generally want to improve the performance of your team or department, radically improve the quality and effectiveness of meetings, and significantly enhance your career progression by becoming a trained facilitator. The course will also benefit existing facilitators wishing to enhance, refine or update their skills.
Facilitation Training Course Content
- Workshop Design and Preparation
Understanding Stakeholders and Sponsorship
Stakeholder Analysis & Resolving Stakeholder Issues
Process Walkthroughs, Structure and Timings
Slides, Flipcharts and Visual Aids
- Workshop Facilitation
Active Listening Skills
The Importance of Body Language
Managing Group and Group Dynamics
Handling Difficult Personalities
Defusing Difficult Situations
Using language for Influence
Techniques to Create and Maintain Group Rapport
Effective Workshop Closure
- The Facilitation Toolkit
Understanding the Principles and Processes of Change
Leverage, Tipping Points and Stretch
Icebreakers & Energisers
Techniques for Problem Exploration and Definition
Idea Generation and Classification
Ideas Evaluation and Selection
Techniques for Voting and Obtaining Consensus
Solution Exploration and Assessment
Facilitating Organisational Change
- Facilitation Training Workshop Follow-Up
Communities of Practice
Networks and Resources
Should you wish to organise our Facilitation Skills course as a bespoke training course for your organisation or if you wish to take our 5 day course to train as a facilitator at practitioner level, please contact us today for a tailored proposal and quotation.